- Theme Customizer
Theme Activation & Installation
Login to your WordPress website, go to Appearance/Themes, click Add New, then click Upload Theme.
Upload east.zip file (it’s in the zip file you downloaded), then click Install Now
Then click Activate to activate the East theme.
Installation via FTP
- Login to the SFTP/FTP account for your site.
- Navigate the to the WordPress directory, and follow the path wp-content/themes.
- Extract east.zip file (it’s in the zip file you downloaded) and upload the east folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
WordPress customizer is a tool which allows you to edit all the style options from a theme and visualize changes live, as you edit them. To open it go to Appearance > Customize.
From the customizer window, choose Theme Options > Header to upload your custom logo
Header Search Icon
You can hide or show the header search icon as:
From the customizer window, choose Theme Options > Header and then Hide Search Icon
From the customizer window, choose Theme Options > Footer to easily update the copyright text
The East theme includes multiple widgets areas.
Widgets can be added to these areas by navigating to “Appearance > Widgets”.
The footer section has four registered widget sections you can drag widgets in.
East theme supports two custom menus:
- Primary Menu
- Social Menu
You can create and manage these menus by navigating to Appearance > Menus.
To create the header main navigation, create a WordPress normal menu. The WordPress Menu User Guide will describe how to create a menu, add menu items, create multi-level menu items, and more. Then you can assign the menus you just created to the Primary Menu location in the Menu Settings section
You can create a normal menu with a custom link to the social media site. Then you can assign the menu to the Social Menu location in the Menu Settings section.
The following are the social media sites and services where you can find an icon support. The theme is using genericons icons.
- Google Plus
The East theme is fully ready to be translated into other languages and could be easily translated with poedit.net application.
The theme contains the main translation file
east.pot inside the languages directory which will be used by the poedit application.
Here are simple steps:
- Install poedit and open it.
- Once the app is opened click Create new translation.
- Choose the east.pot file inside the theme east/language directory.
- Once the translation is done, save the file according to your language code. Find a list of language codes at WordPress in your Language. As an example, the language code for English (UK) is
en_GB, so you will end up with two new files:
- When that’s done, simply upload the files to east/language folder using FTP.
- Change the site language by going to
WordPress > General > Settingsand choose the target language from
Site Languagedrop-down menu.
To start Gulp, run:
Have any questions? I'm always here to help 😊Contact Ahmad