- Theme Activation & Import Demo Data (Video)
- Installation via WordPress Theme Installer
- Installation via FTP
- Import Demo Data
- Theme Customizer
- Theme Development
Theme Activation & Import Demo Data (Video)
This is a quick video showing how to install the theme and import the demo content. For installation steps, you can check the process below.
Installation via WordPress Theme Installer
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance → Themes.
- At the top, click Add New, then click Upload Theme.
- Choose the maxima.zip zip file you will find within the whole package that you downloaded from Themforest.
- Click Install Now.
- The last step is to click activate once all the files are correctly uploaded.
Installation via FTP
- Login to the SFTP/FTP account for your site.
- Navigate the to the WordPress directory, and follow the path
maxima.zipfile (it’s in the zip file you downloaded) and upload the maxima folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to
Appearance > Themes.
- Click the
Import Demo Data
The theme comes with the demo content that you can import with one click button.
First, you will need to install the One Click Demo Import plugin then activate it.
Second, go to
Appearance > Import Demo Data and click the
Import Demo Data button. It will take a few seconds, then you are done and have the demo content installed.
WordPress customizer is a tool which allows you to edit all the style options from a theme and visualize changes live, as you edit them. To open it, go to
Appearance > Customize.
Maxima has an option to edit the footer copyright options, from the customizer window, choose
Site Identity > Footer Copyright to easily update the copyright text.
Maxima theme includes multiple widgets areas.
Widgets can be added to these areas by navigating to
Appearance > Widgets.
The footer section has four registered widget sections and the Sidebar (Off-canvas) area has widgets support
Maxima theme comes with a custom social media icons menu, you can create and manage by navigating to
Appearance > Menus.
You can create a normal menu with a custom link to the social media site, then you can assign the menu to the
Social Icons (Footer) location in the Menu Settings section.
Maxima theme is fully ready to be translated into other languages and could be easily translated with poedit.net application.
The theme contains the main translation file
maxima.pot inside the languages directory which will be used by the poedit application.
Here are simple steps:
- Install poedit and open it.
- Once the app is opened click Create new translation.
- Choose the
maxima.potfile inside the theme
- Once the translation is done, save the file according to your language code. Find a list of language codes at WordPress in your Language. As an example, the language code for English (UK) is
en_GB, so you will end up with two new files:
- When that’s done, simply upload the files to
maxima/languagefolder using FTP.
- Change the site language by going to
WordPress > General > Settingsand choose the target language from
Site Languagedrop-down menu.
To start Gulp, run:
Have any questions? I'm always here to help 😊Contact Ahmad