⚑ Back Up Your Current Theme First ⚑
Please backup your current theme before updating to a new version.
- Log in to your Ghost admin
- Go to Settings > Design > Change theme > Advanced
- Download your active theme
First, download the new theme version from the theme update email. If you lost the email or the download link, click here for more details.
To update your current theme, copy and replace the below listed Changed Files from the new theme version to your theme.
In case of any listed Deleted Files, safely remove the files from your theme.
In case of any listed New Files, copy the files to your theme with the same file path.
Copying a file from the new version to your theme will override your file.
Redo your customizations only if that file receives an update.
If you did CSS customizations in Code Injection, no need to worry about these unless I mention any CSS changes in the update changelog.
Watch the following short video for a quick tutorial.
I always recommend updating your theme to the latest theme version to avoid future Ghost compatibility and API depreciation issues. Also, it will be easier to update to future theme updates too.
In case you encounter any issue while updating the theme, do/double-check the following:
- Deactivate and activate the theme again
- Upload the new/fresh theme version to see if the problem is from your theme or the new version
- Restart Ghost
- Make sure you uploaded the
routes.yamlfile if it is updated in the new theme version
- Make sure you updated all the mentioned files in the changelog below
VERSION - 1.0.2: Release on 24 May 2022
- Ghost 5.0 support
- Updated Ghost Deploy Action version
- Twitter embeded card alignment in small screens
package.json partials/card-work.hbs partials/upgrade.hbs partials/css/dist/style-rtl.hbs partials/css/dist/style.hbs .github/workflows/deploy-theme.yml /locales/ (Copy all the `/locales/` folder and override your current theme one.)
VERSION - 1.0.1: Release on 03 Feb 2022
- Content link underline not showing properly in small screens
- Paragraph spacing for content paragraphs
- Footer subscribe form alert styles
- Content quotation mark styles
gulpfile.js package.json custom-about.hbs partials/css/dist/style-rtl.hbs partials/css/dist/style.hbs
VERSION - 1.0.0: Release on 21 Jan 2022
Your feedback is very welcome ♥
I’m open to your feedback and hear your experience about my themes and work. If you have a few minutes, please send your thoughts through this Google Form.
Thank you for your time!
Have any questions? I’m here to help.Contact Ahmad